Skip to main content

LIfe's a beautiful mess

This week has been quite an adventure, mostly emotionally. Where should I start? First and foremost, I'm still grieving the loss of my late boyfriend who passed away a little over than 2 months ago and second of all, this particular circumstances has ignited emotions from when my mom passed away 5 years ago. We don't know when the end of our lives will come, until it comes and then what shall we do? How do we react? It usually comes when we least expect it, and that's usually what hurts the most. I am sure if we expected death for ourselves or for our loved ones, we would more than likely not take things for granted, but unfortunately due to our frail human nature we pass up opportunities that could have not been avoided. If only I...If only I was honest. If only I hadn't made so much excuses.

Today was a great day, I love my job as a server. I love coffee. I love making other people happy. I love God. I love my family and friends. I love to dance, dance like no one's watching and sing like no one's listening, even if it's off key!

Although I wish I was more honest, I wish I was more ambitious in standing up for myself and being more open especially to those in my family.

Things are never the same again, when a loved one passes away, we no longer get to feel their embrace, have long conversations with them on the phone, but this I know for sure they will forever and always be in our hearts. We must only but believe they are always with us, rather it be a song on the radio that reminds us of them or simply things like the wind blowing in our face.



To be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Entering into the crossroads of life can feel like a ton of bricks falling on top of us, it's overwhelming at first but in time, we learn to realize the importance of what is being taught. A good friend recently told me, there is no such thing as missed opportunities, just lessons to be learned. We, being creatures of habit, cringe when things suddenly change, but change is a very good thing. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Honestly, without change, life would be boring. As the clock ticks at every second, so we move from one place to another in our thoughts, our words, our actions except when we are sleeping. Life is filled with a ton of surprises, the question is not in rather we open our eyes to see them but in opening our hearts to accept what each moment brings; the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's easier said then done, but live each moment like it's your last. Be present everywhere you go and don't forget to smile! Lots of Love!! <3 :) 


Letter to my Teenage Self

Lyrics by MercyMe
You are holy
You are righteous
You are one of the redeemed
Set apart a brand new heart
You are free indeed. Dear Younger Me, First, I want to start with saying good job in accomplishing so much in your studies and life in general. The mistakes I made have made me into the individual I am today. What I would tell my younger self would be to be more obedient towards my parents and set a better example for my sister. She looks up to you and more often than not, she's watching your every move. Also, when it comes to school, try to balance life and make time with those you love, friends and family. As a teenager, the importance of cultivating lasting lifelong  friendships makes life more enjoyable, and less lonely. Be socialable, get involved, learn new things, always be grateful no matter what because an attitude of gratitde goes a long way. At last, most importantly remember you are a child of God and respect yourself and others. Listen to undestand, instead of listening…

Life's a Dance

As I write this blog, I've been feeling really tired...from work and in general keeping up with life. That 4 letter word, Life. What is Life?

My late boyfriend was a batman/superman fan, (part of the reason why I would like to watch the movie but that's besides the point). My new obsession is Pinterest, I've been searching images and random quotes on batman and superman; and here are the top ones that were inspiring:



Very true, if we never learn how to face our fears, we'll always be defeated and we won't know how strong we really are. Failure is not an option, it's going to happen but it's through those failures we learn about Life:
Don't give up!! Live life to the fullest! Be courageous! All those who have gone before us have taught us one important lesson, and that's not to fear, have faith that all things will work for those who Love. It's easier said than done, but nothing is impossible. We learn as we grow!


It's also important to rememb…