Skip to main content

Letter to my Teenage Self

Lyrics by MercyMe
You are holy
You are righteous
You are one of the redeemed
Set apart a brand new heart
You are free indeed.
Dear Younger Me,
First, I want to start with saying good job in accomplishing so much in your studies and life in general. The mistakes I made have made me into the individual I am today. What I would tell my younger self would be to be more obedient towards my parents and set a better example for my sister. She looks up to you and more often than not, she's watching your every move. Also, when it comes to school, try to balance life and make time with those you love, friends and family. As a teenager, the importance of cultivating lasting lifelong  friendships makes life more enjoyable, and less lonely. Be socialable, get involved, learn new things, always be grateful no matter what because an attitude of gratitde goes a long way. At last, most importantly remember you are a child of God and respect yourself and others. Listen to undestand, instead of listening to reply, make time for play and be free to be YOU!! Embrace your inner child. 😊🙌💜


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Entering into the crossroads of life can feel like a ton of bricks falling on top of us, it's overwhelming at first but in time, we learn to realize the importance of what is being taught. A good friend recently told me, there is no such thing as missed opportunities, just lessons to be learned. We, being creatures of habit, cringe when things suddenly change, but change is a very good thing. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Honestly, without change, life would be boring. As the clock ticks at every second, so we move from one place to another in our thoughts, our words, our actions except when we are sleeping. Life is filled with a ton of surprises, the question is not in rather we open our eyes to see them but in opening our hearts to accept what each moment brings; the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's easier said then done, but live each moment like it's your last. Be present everywhere you go and don't forget to smile! Lots of Love!! <3 :) 


Joyful Bliss

July 31, 2012

Awhile back, I wrote a post on the difference between Joy and Happiness. I mentioned how Joy is internal and Happiness is external. Happiness is an action, for example: we exercise to make our bodies feel good. Joy is a feeling, for example: we experience joy when we pray, hearing stories from my grandma's past-time. Happiness lasts but a short while, so we need more of it in bursts.  Joy is everlasting, it is infinite. Today I am joyful. Joy brings forth graditude and graditude brings joy within and all around in our lives. May you have a blessed day filled with abundant joy. :-)

God bless,

Monica

P.S. Today I am linking up with Just Write.